Office for Home Use:
FGCU Faculty, Staff and Students are now able to download Office and manage your licenses directly from web mail. To obtain your copy of Office at home, please follow these instructions on how to get Office for home click here.
What's New in Office 2013:
- Open PDF content in Word and easily reuse text, lists and tables
- A new “Read mode” that displays your documents in easy-to-read columns on the screen.
- Insert video and audio from online sources
- Collapse or expand parts of a document with just a tap or click.
- Put summaries in headings and leave it to readers to open the section and read the details if they want.
- Get a live preview as you resize and move photos and shapes in your document. The new alignment guides make it easy to line up charts, photos, and diagrams with your text.
- Resume reading, reopen a document and keep reading right where you left off. Word remembers where you were.
- Easily extract what you need from imported data with Flash Fill.
- Multiple monitor support
- The new Quick Analysis tool lets you convert your data into a chart or table in two steps or less.
- Preview your data with conditional formatting, spark lines, or charts, and make your choice stick in just one click.
- With Chart recommendations, Excel recommends the most suitable charts for your data.
- Get a quick peek to see how your data looks in the different charts, and then simply pick the one that shows the insights you want to present.
- New Inline Replies allow you to reply to email in one window
- Take a peek at your schedule, a specific appointment, or details about the person you’re emailing with, without moving screens or losing context
- Preview messages in the message list
- Flag, delete, or mark your messages read or unread with handy commands in the message list.
- Instead of opening with a blank presentation, Power Point 2013 gives you several ways to start your next presentation using a template, a theme, a recent presentation, a not-so-recent presentation, or a blank one.
- When presenting with a second screen, new Presenter View tools keep you in control and allow you to focus on and connect with your audience
- Presenter View no longer requires multiple monitors. Now you can rehearse in Presenter View without hooking up anything else.
- Use Slide Navigator to browse to other slides in the presentation.
If you have a FGCU owned computer at home, or off campus, and it does not have Office 2013, please call the Helpdesk at 1188 to schedule a time for the upgrade.
BTS will be updating their training catalogue to reflect the new Office upgrade. Please check our training page for the current offerings and revisit regularly for updates on Office 2013 training's.
If you have any questions or issues please call the help desk at 590-1188 or submit a work order at http://helpdesk.fgcu.edu