Please note before you Install:
These instructions are for Windows computers. Mac users, a Help desk representative will contact you soon regarding the upgrade to Office 2016.
Close out of any Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) before you begin the installation
- You will need to “re-pin” any Office apps you had on your taskbar after the install.
Install Microsoft Office 2016 with Software Center
- Go to your Start button in the lower left corner of your screen, and type “Software Center” as shown in the screen shot below in the search box:
- Click on Software Center and it will open the Available Software tab. You should see Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 with InfoPath 2013 as available for download.
- Click on the installation package and then click on the blue install button in the lower right hand corner. This will start your upgrade to Office 2016. Once your installation starts, it will move to the Installation Status tab. From here, the program will begin to download.
- After Microsoft Office 2016 has downloaded, it will begin to install. Installation time takes approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once the status message says installed, exit Software Center by clicking the “X” and reboot your computer. You now have Microsoft Office 2016! If you have any questions or have any problems with installation, please call the Helpdesk at 239-590-1188.